Veggie Platter with Peanut Dipping Sauce
This Asian-inspired peanut dip is perfect with a platter of crisp, colorful veggies
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and sliced on a diagonal
- 2 small heads baby bok choy, bases cut
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 3 stalks celery, peeled cut into sticks
- 1/4 daikon radish, peeled and thinly sliced on a diagonal, or 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, cored and cut on an angle into a thin triangular shape Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 6 tablespoons creamy-style peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon light or dark brown sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger, grated on a microplane
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Bring a small pot of water to boil. Blanch snap peas for 40 seconds and rinse immediately in cold water. Drain.
Place snap peas, cucumbers, baby bok choy, carrots, celery, daikon radish, and bell peppers on a platter.
To make the sauce, whisk the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, Sriracha, and lime juice in a small bowl. Try it with a veggie, and add more ginger, soy, brown sugar, or hot sauce, depending on your preference.Back to all recipesBack to top of page
Walthers has created soups perfect for any season, from comforting hearty stews and chilis to refreshing chilled soups. The paired sides are both creative and diverse, inviting readers to think beyond the classic soup and sandwich combinations they know and love.Buy it now
Croquettes are everywhere in Spain—but, too often, they are doughy and heavy. So I went in search of a better croquette. The secret? While most Spanish croquette recipes call for a flour-and-water roux, this one calls for gelatin. The difference is amazing.
Though traditionally used with Sicily's prized aragosta (spiny lobsters), this works beautifully with the New England variety. Best eaten as soon as it's ready!