Sweet Pea Guacamole
A healthier spin on the classic party treat! We promise it's just as delicious
- 2 pounds peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoons fine extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Roma tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Spicy blue tortilla chips
- Plantain chips
If using fresh peas, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the peas to an ice bath and submerge until cool; drain. If using frozen peas, thoroughly thaw and continue to next step.
In a food processor, blend the peas, cumin, lime juice, zest, and salt until all peas are broken down but still a little chunky. You don’t want a smooth puree. Stir in the olive oil, jalapeno, and onion.
Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl and top with the tomato and cilantro. Serve with chips.
Can be made up to 12 hours in advance, just keep refrigerated until serving time!
Culinista Tip: Try this recipe using edamame!Back to all recipesBack to top of page
Caterers and seasoned party experts Jill Donenfeld and Josie Gordon are here to show you how to throw fresh, fun, and downright delicious dinner parties with ease and style.Buy it now