A sweet and savory dish that comes together quickly!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (evoo) (twice around the pan)
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, cut in half on an angle
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 12 dried pitted apricots, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup apricot all-fruit spread or apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped or snipped chives, for garnish
Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Add evoo and chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly brown the chicken a few minutes on each side. Add onions and cook, 5 minutes. Add vinegar to the pan and let it evaporate. Add apricots and broth. When broth comes to a bubble, add preserves and stir to combine. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve chicken with a sprinkle of chopped or snipped chives as garnish.Back to all recipesBack to top of page
Rachael Ray puts the fun back into entertaining with this exciting collection of recipes, all designed to feed a crowd or smaller gathering in 30 minutes or less.Buy it now
Other Main Courses
Delicious Mediterranean salad perfect for cold or warm weather.
You can make a simple, creamy soup without cream—and this carrot soup is a perfect example.